Saturday 4 July 2009

Wee Lampie Strikes Again...


It's been three months now since my last entry within the pages of Noises Off at NSDF... My head has just about stopped spinning, (or is at least spinning slightly slower!) So what on Earth have I been up to?






Well, it was a funny old semester at University, what with the discovery that there certainly are more important things in life that being chained to the library shelves. This is a discovery that seems to have propelled me between Hull, London and York at a relatively alarming speed! A friend of mine even planted the idea of a year out in industry which grew very quickly until it got bigger than my one-track brain at which point I got lost in it. Which was inconvenient during my deadline and exam period to say the least!






NSDF is the kind of event that makes you wonder what you did with your life previousley. Everything I do now seems to be a delightful consequence of its' occurence within my life! Most of the travel has been to visit new friends made at the festival. I have managed my first impromptu pretty-much-one-man lighting design, rig and focus for the University's music department and have somehow landed myself a good few lighting design jobs within the coming year. These people trust me with their design? Get an award and people think you can do things... Yikes!






In very recent news then: I today managed to lovingly nudge my rig-plan for Rash Dash's Fringe show, The Honeymoon, into the first post travelling from Hull to the Bedlam Theatre in Edinburgh. It was like dropping a child off at nursery, I tell you. I dressed it up all smartly in some very neat fineliner pen, took it to get weighed and waited a good minute-or-so longer than was probably necessary to ensure that the guy behind the counter treated it nicely. Now to wait for any feedback they might have!




This coming week looks to be a rarely quiet one with the tantalising possibility of some work experience... I shall keep you posted on this very subject.




I'm hoping to keep these posts weekly. I hope very much that you enjoy them. They'll get more fun to look at as I learn to use the site, (Ooh, I've managed to get a picture on this one and everything!)




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment